However, we Guiltless Gals believe that we can use the power of social media for good and not evil and work to make add some body positive conversation to those social networks on a daily basis. We're tweeting, facebooking and pinning to change the world-right? Media can shape our life, so we have to create the media that does that in a healthy way. And we'd love for you to join the conversation!
- Pin Self-Esteem boosting quotes and inspirational images instead of thinspo/fitspo
- Don't tweet yourself down. Celebrate your achievements, congratulate other people, but leave the body hating at home.
- Share links to body-positive websites/blogs on Facebook instead of using it as a tool to compare yourself to others.
- Feel like you lack content? Retweet others' posts, share things on facebook and pin away! Or how about tweeting an affirmation a day?
- Share beautiful notes on your social networks
- Join Marci Anderson MS, RD and Dr. Deah Schwartz for a twitter chat on keeping a healthy body image in the summer months this Wednesday at 8:30pm EST (see more details here)
- Join the Me Movement (follow all tweets that have #mefirst)